Public & administrative law
Guidance for governments and companies regarding all real estate and construction projects in which governments are involved.
This practice group focuses on public and administrative law, environmental law and public contracts. Public authorities as well as contractors and project developers can count on us for assistance in the award phase and during the execution of public contracts. We support real estate projects in which governments are involved and assist our clients in obtaining or contesting permits.
We provide legal advice and conduct both judicial and purely administrative proceedings, expert examinations, mediations and arbitrations. This applies to the (civil) courts as well as to the administrative courts such as the Council of State, the Constitutional Court, the Council for Permit Disputes, and so on. We act as an arbitrator in arbitration proceedings or as a counsel to defend the interests of our clients in arbitration proceedings.
Working in close cooperation with the Real Estate practice group, we also assist our clients in construction disputes for or against governments. You can count on Racine in the event of damage caused by public works and for amicable or judicial expert examination.
Thanks to our efficient and pragmatic approach and close consultation, we often arrive at suitably adapted fast amicable solutions to the problems that arise. This often avoids exhausting legal proceedings.contact us
- Assignments under the Complex Projects Decree
- Civil service law
- Construction disputes with public authorities
- Criminal law on urban planning and environmental law
- Economic public law
- Environmental law (environmental permits; soil contamination/remediation; environmental cessation orders)
- Food safety and animal welfare
- Formal and material reasoning for government decisions
- Public contracts
- Public Funding and state aid
- Public goods
- Public liability (contractual and non-contractual)
- Public-private partnership (PPP) and DBFM or DBFMO contracts (Design Build Finance Maintain Operate)
- Public Works Contracts (award and performance)
- Taxes on economic activity
- Transparency of public administration
- Vacancy taxes
- Urban planning and development/environmental law