Corporate and M&A
Legal assistance in all areas of corporate law.
We can assist a company on corporate law related matters throughout its entire life cycle, starting from its incorporation until its liquidation and all stages in between. We provide our clients with hands-on advice and transactional assistance and represent them in litigation.
Both listed and non-listed companies call upon our services on a wide variety of corporate law related topics, such as the incorporation of a legal entity, corporate housekeeping, acquisitions, incentive plans for management, inter company restructurings, conversion or liquidation of legal entities, corporate governance, conflicts of interest, directors’ liability, profit distribution assistance. We are furthermore skilled in drafting various corporate related documents, including articles of association/bylaws, corporate resolutions and agreements, such as shareholder agreements, management agreements, transfer agreements.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We assist our clients with the expansion of their activities, through acquisitions, mergers or joint ventures. We are equally knowledgeable and experienced in divestments, such as share and/or asset transfers or a withdrawal from a joint venture. With over 40 years of experience, we have considerable knowhow in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions. You can rely on us to conduct and coordinate a due diligence, to guide and assist you with an auction deal, and to negotiate and draft the required transactional documents such as offer letters, term sheets, transfer agreements (shares/assets), merger proposals, shareholder agreements, financing and security agreements.
We represent general partners and investors, private equity supported companies, debt providers and management teams, in particular regarding the following issues:
- Buy-and-build strategies
- Buy-outs, buy-ins, minority and majority investments, take-overs, co-investments
- Incentive plans for management
- Leveraged buyouts and management buyouts
Corporate law disputes
We provide professional assistance and conduct proceedings in courts and arbitration tribunals in relation to shareholder disputes, directors’ liability disputes, post-acquisition disputes and other business disputes.
Racine advises both for lenders and borrowers on a variety of Belgian and international financing transactions, including syndicated loans, acquisition and project financing, real estate financing, asset financing and refinancing transactions. Furthermore, our lawyers often assist in restructuring and insolvency matters.
- investment round of an e-health start-up
- advisor to Orange Bank in its acquisition of the neo-bank Anytime
- advice to the shareholders of Sigma Conso in relation to the investment by venture fund Fortino
- acquisition of the generator producer Europower
- assisting a fund with the investment in an animal food producer
- buy and build transactions for a Belgian dentist group
- advisor to the British Grafton group regarding the sale of all its Belgian building materials activities to the German private equity fund Aurelius.
- assistance to the shareholders of Native Nation (influencer marking) in the sale of Native Nation to SBS Belgium
- advisor to Saey Home & Garden regarding the sale of Barbecook to Livewise
- Company law disputes
- Corporate housekeeping
- Family businesses
- Joint ventures
- Management and shareholder agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Restructuring and liquidation