Restructuring & insolvency
We have considerable expertise in the field of domestic and cross-border restructurings and insolvency.
Our lawyers act as legal advisors to, amongst others, creditors, debtors and purchasers of companies in financial difficulties. We are also regularly appointed by the Belgian enterprise courts as bankruptcy trustee (‘curator‘), as liquidator or temporary administrator of companies or as a court-appointed agent to assist in the transfer of companies in difficulty. Racine has been involved in more than 2100 insolvency proceedings, including some of the most high profile cases.
Several of our lawyers are welcome speakers at seminars and regularly publish scientific contributions on insolvency and the law on seizure of property in renowned journals. As a member of INSOL Europe and Eurojuris, we keep a close eye on all changes in international insolvency law. Our network enables us to offer to our clients the best service and contacts in cross-border insolvency cases. The combination of experience and extensive knowledge in a wide range of fields results in a unique and privileged position that no other law firm in Belgium can surpass. Other law firms, both national and international, regularly seek our expertise in insolvency law.
RACINE IS A MEMBER OF
- INSOL Europe (the European association of Insolvency Practitioners)
- The National Bankruptcy Curators’ Commission
- The Insolvency, Restructuring and Banking Group of EUROJURIS International
- Involved as a lawyer in the bankruptcies of LERNOUT & HAUSPIE, APRA LEVEN, MICROFIBERS, FLAMANT GROUP.
- Appointed as curator of BRINK’s, FREE RECORD SHOP, SSANYOUNG BELGIUM, COOLCAT and PABO.
- Appointed as liquidator of INTERCONTAINER-INTERFRIGO (ICF), SOBELAIR, KV MECHELEN, OPTIMA GROUP, ROYAL PARK INVESTMENTS
- Court and out-of-court debt rescheduling
- Insolvency officers (receiver, liquidator, provisional administrator and court - appointed agent)
- Liability of directors and auditors
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies in difficulty (distressed M&A and turnaround)
- National and cross-border restructuring and insolvency proceedings
- Seizure and enforcement proceedings and periodic penalty payments