Joan Dubaere offers a wealth of expert knowledge of commercial and company law, corporate restructuring and related employment issues.
He provides advice to clients at both national and cross-border level.
Joan is involved in transactions, negotiating and drawing up agreements or in the settlement of disputes in court and in arbitration proceedings.
He is frequently involved as a court-appointed agent for company and commercial law issues and as a court agent for restructuring operations.
He also acts as a bankruptcy curator and company liquidator.
Joan is a frequent speaker at seminars and workshops on company law and restructuring, conflicts between partners, company liquidation, …
July 9, 1980
Law degree (Catholic University of Louvain)
Lawyer since 1981
- Brussels Bar 1981
- Racine Brussels since 1981
- Partner sedert 1987
- Managing partner sedert 2015
Dutch, French, English
- Substitute judge, Brussels Commercial Court
- Orateur d’entrée, Brussels Youth Bar (Vlaams Pleitgenootschap), 1988
- President, Brussels Youth Bar (Vlaams Pleitgenootschap), 1991-1992
- Member of the Dutch Order of Attorneys, Brussels (1992-1995)
- Member of the General Assembly of Dutch-Speaking Bar Associations (“OVB”) 1999-2006
- Member of the Eurojuris International network of lawyers and member of the board of directors of the Eurojuris International Business Group
- Lecturer at the Brussels Bar School (Ecole de Stage du Barreau) (commercial law, bankruptcy)
- Previous appointments as court-appointed representative and company liquidator
Het principe van het monetair nominalisme, Jura Falconis 1978-1979, p. 54.
Een brug over troebel water, openingsrede uitgesproken op de Plechtige Openingszitting van het Vlaams Pleitgenootschap op 4 november 1988, R.W. 1988-1989, p. 1417.
Juridische facetten van de informatica binnen de arbeidsverhouding, in Tendensen in het Bedrijfsrecht, Bruylant-Kluwer, 1996.