Bert Dehandschutter is primarily an insolvency specialist, while offering legal services to Spanish companies about their Spanish-Belgian business relations.
In his capacity as an insolvency specialist, Bert has frequently served as a court-appointed curator and liquidator since 1998.
He also provides support to companies experiencing financial difficulties, creditors seeking to collect unpaid invoices or clients facing insolvency.
Bert is also regularly involved in assisting clients- the debtor, creditors and the appointed curator or liquidator – within international insolvency proceedings.
Thanks to his command of Spanish and his many years’ experience in assisting Spanish companies, Bert has become a point of reference for Spanish companies in Belgium.
Spanish clients who call on Bert’s services can count on the cooperation and expert knowledge of the entire Racine team tailored to the client’s needs.
Law Degree, University of Brussels
European Management Programme (Bilbao – Nantes –Glasgow)
Lawyer since 1994
- Brussels Bar (1994)
- Partner at Racine since 2002
Dutch, Spanish, French and English
- Bankruptcy trustee with the Brussels Commercial Court since 1998
- Member of INSOL Europe since 2009
- Member of the Board of Eurojuris International (2010-2013)
- Member of the board of directors of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Belgium and Luxembourg since 2010